GLEAM: Objective qualities and alternate difficulties
We’re just releasing GLEAM, the latest StoryNexus patch. Key features are:
- Objective qualities: Allow players to track their journey towards a goal with a progress bar, and remind them of what they need to do or avoid.
- Alternate difficulty calculations: Tweak the relationship between difficulty tests, quality levels and chance of success.
- Improved LHS: Another tidy-up on the quality bar to remove clutter. We’ll be giving creators more control over what displays where soon, too.
The first two are fairly complex… I’ll update the reference docs as we bed in.
Other features include:
- Quality caps: set a level that an individual quality can’t rise beyond.
- User deactivations: Users can now deactivate their own accounts if they want a full reset of everything.
The next significant patch should be social actions. Hold on to your hats.